Benefits of Region 1 VA SCAN
VISNs and Medical Centers
What can VA SCAN provide as "added-value" to your Medical Centers and VISN?
• Provide innovation and transformative healthcare to veterans in your VISN
• Improve access to specialty care services
• Reduce costs associated with Fee-Basis referrals, travel and transportation costs and specialty services
• Improve healthcare outcomes and quality
• Improve patient satisfaction
Primary Care Providers and PACT teams
What can VA SCAN provide as "added-value" to Primary Care Providers and PACT teams?
• Provide case-based (CME) learning modules to improve core competencies and provider satisfaction
• Access to Standardized Credentialing in Disease Management
• Opportunity to Translate New Knowledge into Practice to Improve Outcomes
• Increase Provider satisfaction
Veterans and their Families
What can VA SCAN provide as "added-value" to your Veterans and their Families?
• Continue care with their PCP and PACT team
• Consult a specialist when needed
• Avoid costly and time consuming travel to distant Medical Centers
• Avoid delays in diagnosis and treatment for difficult medical conditions
• Become an "educated" and empowered member of your own healthcare team